Who do I help?
I'm the psychologist for you who:
- have a tendency to please others (maybe you see yourself as a people-pleaser)
- have experienced, experience, or are not sure if you experience psychological violence
- have experienced sexual violence - also digitally
- fight to find your self and believe in yourself
- experience difficulty accepting and understanding your emotions
- have difficulty setting boundaries, saying no, and demanding something from others
- want to understand yourself and your attachment pattern
- struggling with harmful coping strategies such as eating disorder, self harm, or people-pleasing
- have too high expectations of yourself and struggle with perfectionism
- feel stressed and burned out
- have issues in your relations to others
I'm also the couples therapist for you who:
- wish to reignite the spark
- are stuck in the same fights and arguments
- struggle to meet and understand each other
- miss closeness and intimacy
- need help to find new ways to communicate
- are stuck in day-to-day practicalities and have lost the closeness
Follow me on Instagram and TikTok
Psychologist, couple's therapist, writer and most important fellow human being
My degree in psychology is from Aarhus University, where I found big interest in developing online therapy, working with couples, and understanding in depth attachment and relationship dynamics.
Since then I've become extremely interested in the tendency of people-pleasing - that is, the tendency to set others' needs before own, pleasing to avoid conflict, difficulty in setting boundaries and saying no. it has become a huge passion for me!
Throughout time I've worked a lot with psychological abuse in close relationships. When you're experiencing abuse, knowledge is crucial, so I've started a podcast, where you can learn more about it.
Therapy for me is about the relationship you and I create. Keywords for me are authenticity, presence, empathy, warmth and connectivity.
“During the last decade I tried to engage in therapy with several professionals, yet it was not until I met Sophie that I truly felt a deep connection. Over the past 6 months months, she has guided me and build trust. I have been able to open up progressively on key defining hurtful life events that I was unaware had an impact on me. I have been learning to interpret them, while I found true self.
In all honesty, for me it has been a life changer meeting Sophie, it feels like for the first time in my life I can actually tell what is to be happy and who I am. Thanks to her active listening, her ability to empathize and her genuine interest in helping others mental health, I was able to practice conscious introspection and have inner growth. I feel like a burden has been lifted from my shoulders, and each session that goes by I feel lighter, healthier and happier. Thank You Sophie.”
Read more statements from clients here.
5 grunde til at du people pleaser
Har du tendens til at please andre? Ser du dig selv som lidt af en såkaldt people pleaser? Du er ikke alene! Her er 5 mulige grunde til, at du people pleaser Begrebet at være “people pleaser” er efterhånden velkendt og udbredt. Mange mennesker bruger netop denne beskrivelse til at sætte ord på, hvordan de…
Psykolog i Aarhus
Som noget helt nyt, kan du nu booke en psykolog tid hos mig i Aarhus – jubi! Jeg er flyttet tilbage til Aarhus og glæder mig til at kunne cykle til klinikken. Lokalet ligger er del af klinikfællesskabet Terapeuterne Mejlgade, som huser mange forskellige behandlere. Klinikken ligger i en hyggelig baggård, og du finder mig…
Fight or flight… or freeze or fawn
Fight or flight (på dansk kæmp eller flygt – ja, det lyder altså bedre på engelsk) responsen er kroppens reaktion på en oplevet akut trussel. Men hvad sker der, når man hverken kan flygte eller kæmpe? Freeze og fawn responserne er særligt nødvendige, når man lever med vold. Læs her hvorfor. Fight or flight Det…
Do you want to receive news, recommended readings, blog posts, exercises, and so on? Sign up!
Everyone has something they try to avoid - pain, distress, grief, shame, anxiety - and as long as we are stuck in avoidance, we won't be fully present in the life, we're living. We will then be constantly running. With me you won't need to run anymore.